Share IT

Welcome!  -  The Hydro Floss Is The BEST!  -   Free shipping on all carts over $25.  

Friday, December 6, 2013

Be Careful When Upgrading Your MySQL Databases And Your Web Server

As if they previous problem I wrote about were not enough,  I decided to use my dedicated server hosting to create a new wordpress.org blog to make up for my lost blog through blogger.

In the process, I logged into my server to get my new domain setup.  I noticed that it said I should upgrade mySQL and apache. 

I went through the process to upgrade my databases and server as directed inside the web hosting panel.   The upgrade process appeared to go smoothly and the program told me that everything was successful. 

However, all of my MYSQL driven sites are no longer available.  MYSQL seems to be missing vital libraries. 

PHP is tied to MYSQL and therefore ALL of my php redirects are down as well.   As you can imagine,  that knocks out even more of my business - including sites that I'm driving paid traffic too. 

On top of that, this is the big season for online commerce. 

LOL, I hope things get better! 

You are invited to comment below. 

-David

No comments:

Post a Comment